Monday, July 8, 2013

Things Are Getting Crazy!

Only 15 more days, people! Can you believe it?!
     It still seems that no matter how much I plan or think about it, it somehow seems surreal. Although I think it might finally be starting to sink in...well, to an extent anyway. I am finally beginning to realize that 6 weeks is a long time! But I am honestly not concerned about being homesick...I know that I will be surrounded by Godly people, I will be reunited with the wonderful kids/teachers I have grown to know and love, I will have my family and friends supporting me in prayer and that I am in the very center of God's will. So what could go wrong? (And also, I will have Betsy and Kevin to tease and no doubt they will keep me on my toes...so who has time to be homesick?)
     As I reflect upon my time at ESD last June, I am still amazed at how comfortable and how secure I felt there. Growing up, I was never even comfortable being away from home--much less going out of the country for a week and a half with a group of people I did not know. So sure it was a new feeling to be away from my family and everything I knew, but I was not nervous or anxious in the least! Yes, I called my parents nearly every night (and talked and talked about my day, how wonderful the kids were and how awesome Betsy was. And ran my phone bill way up) but I still didn't feel homesick. That in itself was a miracle!
     And now that God has fixed my computer, I can Skype home and talk to my family and friends!
     But in all seriousness, I am counting down the days and the hours until we touch-down in the San Juan airport. I cannot wait until the moment I see Betsy again or greet the students! I am so psyched for what God will do and I am going stir-crazy with excitement.
     But amid the enthusiasm, there is still SO much to do before I can leave. I still have VBS supplies to purchase, I have clothes to go shopping for, I have packing to do, I have things that need organizing and in addition to all of the Puerto Rico planning, I have classes at HACC to apply for, tests to take, SAT's to sign up for, work to go to, a horse to find a new home for, friends/family to see before I go, things at home to do and last minute things to tend to! Need I say more? *deep sigh*
     And I shudder to even think...I have only two more weeks to spend with my Bestie before saying good-bye. She leaves for college in August while I'm away, which means I won't see my Sis again until Christmas! (I think I'll go find a puddle in which to drown myself!) But seriously though; like I said, I'm trying not to even think about it!
     But I know (with God's help) that I will get everything accomplished before I leave. And that I will survive after saying good-bye to Audra. Everything seems so crazy and overwhelming right now, it's just difficult to envision it happening. (Although, I must remind myself that all things are possible through Him who gives me strength!)
     So please continue praying for peace and patience and that we can get everything accomplished before our departure!

No comments:

Post a Comment